Tuesday, December 13, 2022

The God of my strength

                David exclaims, "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped: therefore, my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise Him" (Psalm 28:7). 

                On my own, I am weak. The flesh seems to fight so hard against the soul, spirit, and will. My soul may be redeemed, but the flesh is yet to be glorified. Until that wonderful day of glorification comes, I will, I must, draw my strength from the God who has given me breath: apart from Him, I am weak. The desires of the flesh can hinder even the greatest of fellowships that we may have with the Lord. The point of it all is this: on my own, I am weak; but in Christ Jesus, He takes my weaknesses and turns them into strengths for His glory! As weak as I am, I must look to something or someone stronger than myself: for the strength to carry on through this world filled with darkness, calamity, trial, and tribulation. As for myself, I am with David; and I can rightly say that the Lord is my strength. Behold your King!

                  C. S. Lewis expounds: "To what will you look for help if you will not look to that which is stronger than yourself?"  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Immanuel

Isaiah prophesy's:   "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall ...